Healthy After-School Snacks
October 16th, 2014 by Trish
||Keep these delicious, nutritious foods in the house to avoid processed foods.An after-school snack will keep the blood sugar even and help keep kids and parents calm until dinnertime.
- A handful of almonds, cashews and pecans with a pear
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, raspberries
- 1/2 sliced banana, 6 almonds
- 3 Tbs almond butter and an apple
- 5 Tbs peanut butter hummus and an apple
- A bowl of berries
- Fruit at anytime
- Yogurt with granola or dry cereal and chopped fruit.
- Plain non-fat yogurt with fruit
- Fruit juice popsicles
- Ants on a log: Spread peanut butter on celery stalks and top with raisins
- Peanut Butter and Crackers
- Rice cakes spread with almond butter
- A handful of whole-wheat pretzels dipped in cashew butter
- 1/2 whole-wheat bagel with non-fat Cream Cheese
- Cream cheese on celery or cucumber
- Cheese and Crackers
- Cucumber Bagels: Spread a bagel with cream cheese and top with cucumber slices.
- Muffins: Make a batch of healthy muffins at the beginning of the week
- 1/2 an avocado spread over 1 rice cake with 12 cashews
- Mash 1 avocado with a dash lemon juice, hot sauce & 2 tsp minced garlic serve with corn chips & cucumbers
- Popcorn: Choose air popped or low-fat microwave popcorn
- 1 hard-boiled egg with carrots and celery
- 2 baby dill pickles, 3 small cubes of
- cheddar cheese and 8 cashews
- 1 small cucumber cut in slices
- 2 pcs sodium-free turkey breast
- honey mustard and 5 rice crackers
- Meat, hard-boiled eggs, dill pickles
- Italian sausage with hot mustard
- 1/4 cup hummus with cleaned raw vegetables
- 14-oz can of chick peas
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cumin (opt)
- Pinch of cayenne & salt
- Purée in food processor or blender.
Crudités: Choose a dip and serve with raw vegetables, any raw vegetable!
Feta cheese dip:
Mix 1 cup sour cream and 6 oz crumbled feta cheese, 1 tsp minced garlic and 1 tsp dried basil in a bowl & chill.
Lemon Vinaigrette: Whisk together: 2 Tbsp lemon juice, 1/4 olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
Download Healthy Snacks pdf here: Healthy School Snacks
You might also like
Healthy School Lunches: Healthy Box Lunches MTM
Lunch Box Planning Sheet: My School Lunches Planner