It’s not uncommon for untouched water damage to turn into mold and a host of other issues. While it might be tempting to procrastinate on managing a situation with mold, mold is extremely dangerous to breathe in. Mold is toxic and can lead to neurological damage or death. However, it can be hard to detect in some cases. If you suspect that mold is making you or your family sick, consider the following indicators.
In some people, mold can lead to physical manifestations of skin ailments such as rashes. Other skin concerns to look out for include random welts and hives. If someone can seem to stop scratching, take them to a doctor for an ointment to relieve the discomfort. It’s also essential to book a consultation with a professional for mold removal.
Respiratory issues are not to be tampered with. When a person can’t breathe, there’s a thin line between a resolution and a tragedy. For some people, respiratory issues show up as asthma attacks. If a person doesn’t usually have asthmatic episodes, look for concerns like wheezing, shortness of breath, and a really dry cough.
During certain times of the year, it’s easy to assume that the outside elements are causing allergy symptoms. Still, if the allergy symptoms don’t subside after taking some allergy medication, this can be an indicator that it’s time to call 1-800-BUSY-DOG in order to bring a professional in. Some of the allergy symptoms to look out for include watery, itchy eyes, consistent sneezing, and stuffiness in the nostrils.
If you live by yourself, it’s pretty obvious that your health is the only way to tell if something is wrong. However, if you live with other people, consider their experiences. If anyone in the household is developing symptoms that are synonymous with an existing mold concern, pay attention. If your child is struggling to breathe at night, don’t just chalk it up to dry air and put a humidifier in the room. A humidifier won’t cover up a mold problem (it can potentially increase the mold). Look for consistent ailments such as headaches, allergies, and more.
Mold isn’t something you want to simply handle on your own. It requires professional removal in order to make the mold doesn’t stand a chance of growing back or spreading. Don’t try to use bleach or another cleaning solution to remove it. With the help of mold-removal professionals, you’ll be able to alleviate any physical sickness and avoid permanent damage.
By Ani Oakes
Freelance writer and web enthusiast