It’s the beginning of December and the bustle of the holiday season is all around us. This is typically when I launch into gear to get all things Christmas happening at our house. Yesterday I proposed to my husband that we forego the holiday stockings in an effort to minimize the holiday frenzy and frankly my workload. He looked at me with a very sad face, the disappointment clearly evident. I realized that if he reacted this way, the kids would surely be disappointed. So, I have vowed to once again,”Make Christmas Happen at Our House!”
Here are a few things that I rely on to get things done, reduce some of the holiday stress and enjoy some of the Christmas festivities. It usually works out and we even create some wonderful memories. I hope this will help you too!
- Christmas Countdown: A list of everything that needs to happen to get our house ready for Christmas broken down by the week. It’s not a crazy list and I find it helps to get everything done and still leave time to enjoy the season.
- Christmas Gift List: A printable list of everyone that you need to buy for and a budget to keep everything in line.
- Christmas Fun: A list of some great ideas to enjoy family time during the holidays without spending much money.
- Free Gift Tags that you can print for all your packages: Choose from the Vintage or Cheerful Collection to go with your wrapping paper.
- The Four Gift Rule: Check out this blog post for ideas on keeping expectations and budgets in line with a free printable for the kids to create a reasonable list that includes only 4 things. We started doing this a couple of years ago and haven’t looked back.
If you still need some help with gift giving or organizing, don’t forget to check out our line of time saving products for families to use all year long.