Christmas is a time for doing special things with the family, but holiday events can fill up the calendar too quickly. We often find ourselves running from one event to the next without so much as a breath in between. To enjoy a merry time and reduce holiday stress, prioritize important things and family time.
• Together as a family, list the fun things you want to do.
• Decide on a realistic number of events to attend and to host.
• Eliminate unrealistic and unaffordable choices.
• Remember to schedule rest periods.
Make a list of the things you usually do at Christmas and the things you feel you have to do. Ask yourself these two important questions:
1) Did I enjoy this event?
2) Was it important to be there for others?
If the answer is yes, schedule it in on your family calendar. If not eliminate it from your schedule.
You can have great fun and create family traditions around these simple events. • Pick out the Christmas Tree
• Trim the tree
• Santa Claus parade
• Tour neighbourhood christmas lights
• Visit Santa
• Go caroling
• Midnight mass on the 24th
• Sleigh ride
• School and church bazaars
• Volunteer at shelters
• Build snowmen and snow angels
• Go skating, skiing or tobogganing
• Watch favourite Christmas movie/show
• Check your local paper for more events
Print off our list of Christmas Fun to create a memorable family Christmas.
Keep this Christmas Countdown checklist handy to get you through the holidays.