Create Your Best Christmas Memories – DIY
Creating lasting Christmas memories does not have to be expensive or time consuming. Families remember the times that they spent together, not what they received. To make your holidays more joyful and less stressful, keep the following in mind as you make your holiday plans.
Eliminate the “Shoulds” and “Have Tos”
The “I shoulds” and “I have tos”, along with stretching the family budget, are the major sources of stress over the holidays. Try these tips to help provide focus and reduce your stress this holiday season.
This is an excellent opportunity to eliminate activities that you do only because you feel you should. Take note for next year too :)
Schedule time for rest, your spouse, and your children.
Keep the kids to their daily routine as much as possible during the season.
Set a holiday spending limit and stick to it.
Make sure to include a zoom meeting for extended family, especially those who might be alone during the holidays.
Look for opportunities to contribute to those less fortunate. They need our help more than ever this year.
Holiday Activities Advent Calendar
You can start by having fun during the holiday season by printing out and assembling our Activities Advent Calendar. Chock full of fun activities that you and the kids can do together for free.
This is just the beginning. We have assembled all our best tips to help you keep your sanity this holiday season and focus on what’s important to create special family memories.
Mom’s Ultimate Survival Guide
Inside you will find:
- Handy organizing tips to keep your family schedule on track during the holidays
- A Christmas Countdown to help you get organized for the holidays
- Fun Christmas Ideas to create family traditions around simple events that your kids will love.
- Christmas Baking planner to include the kids in your holiday baking or to get ready for the cookie exchange
- A Christmas Dinner Planner to help you delegate so everyone can enjoy Christmas dinner.
- An Entertainment Planner if you are planning on hosting a holiday event.
- A Christmas Gift Planner to budget for everyone on your list.
- Gift tags that you can download and everyone can colour.
- January Goals Planner.
What are you waiting for? Get your Mom’s Ultimate Holiday Survival Kit here: 2020 Christmas Survival Kit
Watch Christmas Movies
When it’s cold and dark outside, we can enjoy family time with some popcorn, hot cocoa, and a movie a night in December. Choose from our list when you download and print this fun list for the family to choose from and check off as you move through the season’s best of movie list. Get our list of the 40 best family Christmas movies to watch in December.
Here are a few other DIY Christmas activities too:
The 4 Gift Rule Instructions and print outs for the kids.
Free Holiday Gift tags to print out and colour.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!